Labels

Jan 1, 2012

New Year, First Blog, Introduction


I wanted to start this blog for a few months now, and what better time than with the coming of this New Year! Let’s begin with stating this blog’s purpose: to chronicle my travels and how I go about them, so that they may be reproduced for those that might wish to.

I am going to study abroad in Japan this spring semester.  I wanted to chronicle the whole application process, but alas, this semester was too hectic! So before leaving for Japan, I will sporadically update the blog with information about applying to study abroad programs, as well as the information about the scholarships available to fund your travels. Since I am currently an undergraduate, I will focus on my experience, but I want to point out that there are also many opportunities for high school and graduate students. I will (not hope, I am making a commitment here!) blog about the following topics:
·         Scholarships
·         Study Abroad Programs
·         Learning the Language
·         Visas, Applications & Why One Shouldn’t Skimp on Mailing Services
·         Packing
·         Staying in touch (e.g. Cellphones & Internet Calling)

In Japan, I will then blog weekly and hopefully video blog too… if I find a video camara (expect a blog about the subject).  I will also blog bilingually (Spanish & English) and hopefully in Japanese too!

Thus I say to you blog reader whoever you are:  よろしくおねがいします! (Approximate translation: Please treat me kindly)

つずく。。。 (tsuzuku = to be continued…)

No comments:

Post a Comment