Labels

Jan 29, 2012

Arrival In Japan + Jetlag


So I've arrived in Japan after like 20+ hours of traveling! Although the process was a bit hectic due to having to  check-in my luggage at both checking points, it could have been worse. I guess the best tip is to make the trip as short as possible. A good tool for this is Wolfram Alpha since it calculates the shortest path between any two cities in the world, and you can make your flight decisions using that if there is not a direct flight in at your nearest airport. So  the shortest distance from Puerto Rico to Osaka passes by New York and part of the Arctic circle! The following are some photos from the plane of the ice caps:


I couldn't sleep at all in the plane, so when I arrived at Japan, I was super sleepy so I fell asleep during the bus ride that took us to the dormitories. I saw nothing of the cityscape T_T. But I didn't go to sleep right away since I had to bathe and contact my family and the international SIM card I brought wasn't working. Thankfully the computer center in the dormitory had very good headsets and could call from Google Voice!

I did go to the convenience store today and brought essentials, like milk, for the week I will be in the dormitory, since afterwards,  I will be with my host family. I'll blog more about those subjects later. I need a nap and its only 6:30 pm local time... damn jet lag induced lethargy!

Random Pics!!! ^_^


Traditional Japanese Toilet at the Airport (Currently rated at #1 airport bathroom Isa has gone to, they had  "normal toilets" too)


The toilet seat was heated  'o'

つすく。。。

No comments:

Post a Comment